What's The Program All About?
Immediately after reading this page, please click on the "free trial" option above. This will enable you to access 3 videos containing tips which won't cost you a penny but which will take the guesswork out of the decision to buy or not buy the complete program. Most young people leave the education system not realising how much they need to know about the job market that they didn’t even know they needed to know! Many survive in spite of this. Thousands of others end up with a university degree, a student debt of £40,000 and working some menial job they were qualified to do if they’d left school after G.C.S.E.s. Here are just a few of the things the education system does not tell them.
- Well over 50% of jobs are filled without ever being advertised. How can a young person develop a strategy for accessing this market when they didn’t know it existed?
- Young people have no idea how to distinguish the organisation that can offer a secure future with excellent prospects for career development, from the organisation that’s about to go down the tubes and lay people off.
- In many sectors, far more students are studying for qualifications than there are jobs available in that sector…and they are being encouraged to do so without being warned of the consequences. In other sectors, employers are struggling to find suitably qualified candidates.
- Being good enough to do the job is not good enough. The candidate who lands the job is the candidate who’s better than all the other candidates who are good enough to do the job. Students are not told that good enough is not good enough, that only memorable is good enough or how to be memorable.
- Most young people have a Facebook account but very few know how to use social media to build relationships with potential employers.
The Aspire Academy program is designed to help young people to thrive when they enter the job market. The Aspire Academy program explains the things the education is not telling them about the job market. Most important of all, the Aspire Academy program tells them how to act on what they learn. The private, exclusive Facebook Group allows Aspire Academy students to share their successes, post questions to the group and network with corporate members.
More than half of all jobs are filled without ever being advertised. If you didn’t know that, you’re at a serious disadvantage over young people who do. Building a network will help give you an advantage when it comes to finding jobs.
Degree Or Apprenticeship
Whatever career you follow, your best option is almost certain to be either a degree or an apprenticeship…and this a decision you may need to take in year 11. But how do you decide which? You can find out with The Aspire Academy Program.
Do Your Own Research
Most 20 – 30 year olds I meet are not in careers they planned pursue when they were at school. They tell me these jobs were not even on their radar because they didn’t know they existed, this is why doing your own research is so important.
Applying For A Job
Job interviews are extremely competitive but it’s not difficult to outperform candidates who haven’t even bothered to prepare. Make sure you are prepared for writing C.V.s, interviews and impressing the employer.
Developing The Right Mind-set
This module is all about experience and believeing in yourself. Has it ever occurred to you that people who are old enough to be your parents have less experience than you have?
The Employer's Mind-set
It's all about value to the employer. Creating a salary to pay a new employee is an investment in the company’s future, as opposed to a mere cost. Learn what the employer is always thinking and looking for in their employees.
Working For Yourself
Working for yourself is not everyone’s cup of tea; but neither is working for a boss! You may be the kind of person who likes the thought of being your own boss. The internet has made it the easiest time for young people to set up on their own in living memory.